Forum: Magellan GPS
Topic: MyMeridian for the new firmware?
started by: 4x4van

Posted by 4x4van on Nov. 03 2003,11:20 am
I just uploaded the new firmware (5.00) into my SporTrak Pro, but I can't get MyMeridian to work with it.  
Help!  I need/want my personalized screen back!

Even though the lawyer screen has the standard disclaimer, the MyMeridian interface shows thus:

Factory text field: WARNING! (8 character max)
Disclaimer field: Bad data (13 character max)
Acknowledgement field: PRESS ENTER TO AGREE (20 character max)

While the "factory text" and "Acknowledgement" field match what is on the lawyer screen, the "disclaimer" field doesn't, and only gives 13 character max, even though there is many more characters than that on the actual screen.  Can we get an updated MyMeridian, or instructions on solving this, please!!!

Posted by 4x4van on Nov. 03 2003,11:39 am
Wait!  I think I got it.  I modified the .ini file as instructed in the "troubleshooting" section in the readme file, and it seems to have worked!  I'll know for sure when I get home this evening and try it out on the unit.
Posted by 4x4van on Nov. 04 2003,11:25 am
Yep, that did it.:D
Posted by JC Willette on Nov. 27 2003,9:03 am
I am having the same problem you had and I am wondering what specifically you modified in the ini file to get it to upload. Could you post your exact steps including how you got your sportrak pro to start the upload.

Thanks

JC

Posted by DustyJacket on Dec. 04 2003,5:13 pm
Upgrading my Color turned the NMEA signalling on.

(The firmware really makes the color better.)

Posted by rontop on Jan. 08 2004,10:20 am
First and foremost, thanks for the MyMeridian program.  Very nice of you to expend effort to make out GPS experience better.  I would like to report a couple of problems I experience using the program.

For version 5.00 of the firmware for my Magellan SporTrak Map, the lawyer screen text is broken up in a way that is not properly recognized by MyMeridian.  The text "All Data" is not contained on a single line of the .hex file, but is broken after the first "L" in "All".  Entering "All data" in the MyMeridian .ini file results in the string not being found correctly.  If I use subsequent text in the string such that the program finds the proper location of the text, it only will find and replace the text starting with the second "L" ("l data is...".)

I have also noticed that in the confirmation message "PRESS ENTER TO AGREE", the firmware version 5.00 uses a linefeed (hex. 0A) between "ENTER" and "TO".  MyMeridian does not seem to allow entry of only a linefeed without a carriage return, which consumes two bytes instead of one.

Thanks again for a very useful program!



Posted by 4x4van on Jan. 08 2004,12:47 pm
Quote (JC Willette @ Nov. 27 2003,11:03 am)
I am having the same problem you had and I am wondering what specifically you modified in the ini file to get it to upload. Could you post your exact steps including how you got your sportrak pro to start the upload.

Thanks

JC

Here's what worked on my ST Pro:

First, rename Spor500.hex to zorro209.sre.  
Now start MyMeridian.exe, click "okay" for the first "You assume all responsibility...window.  This brings up the "MyMeridian" program window.  Now close the program.  This step generates MyMeridian.ini.

Next, double click on MyMeridian.ini to open it in notepad, and scroll down to the section for [Map330].  A few lines below that is a line that reads: "English=All data".  Change that to read: "English=All data is", and then save the file.  Close the file and close notepad.
 
Now run MyMeridian again and it should work.  Make your changes, and save, but when it asks you to start Magellan's upload firmware program, click "no".

Now you need to rename "personal.hex" to spor500.hex", then simply follow Magellan's standard instructions for "MAGUP.EXE", which will upload your new modified firmware "spor500.hex" into your SporTrak Pro.

rontop,
since I don't have the ST Map, I'm not sure if my above steps will work for your unit.  Try scrolling down in the "ReadMeMyMerian.txt" file to the troubleshooting section.  That's where I found the fix for my ST Pro.  You might find some suggestions to try there.



Posted by rontop on Jan. 09 2004,6:33 am
4x4van,

Thanks for the reply.  The problem I was reporting seems to just be a minor programming error in MyMeridian.  I have gotten the program to work, except for the conditions that I described in my post.  Changing the target text to "All data is" does not work.  It seems that the program will only recognize the target string if the first word is fully contained on one line in the firmware upgrade file.

By the way, I find that it is just as easy (and less confusing) to just rename the files in the .ini file instead of renaming the files themselves.

Powered by Ikonboard 3.1.2a
Ikonboard © 2001 Jarvis Entertainment Group, Inc.