Forum: Using The Website
Topic: XML-Interface and a logs id
started by: Team BMW-Biker
Posted by Team BMW-Biker on June 17 2004,8:02 amHello Navicache-Admins,
i've programmed an activity map and a diagram for < www.GeoCaching.de >. You can see it at < http://home.debitel.net/user/geocaching/stats.shtml >.
The map shows how many logs were done in the last month and the diagram shows the development of caches and logs here in germany. I hope that's ok and i won't get trouble with you.
The data comes from the XML interface and i want to update the data incremental by using the 'NewOrModifiedSince'-attribute (so i haven't to download the whole .de dataset each month).
My problem is to actualize the logs because there is no id in the logs-record. Would be great if you could add a log_id (or something compareable) to the logs record.
Oliver ... one of the Team BMW-Biker
Posted by PC Medic on June 17 2004,4:13 pmWe can certainly look into what can be done to accomodate this and I will post any changes to this here.
Posted by Team BMW-Biker on June 18 2004,1:50 am
that's fine, thank you!
Seem's to be that one of the server's doesn't work ... you can see the map and the diagram here:
< navicache activity map >
< navicache development in germany >
Posted by GeoRockers on Feb. 26 2005,6:51 amGreetings Oliver of Team BMW-Biker!
Sorry about the long delay in the implementation of log_id.
log_id is now a part of the logs record.
Posted by Scout on Feb. 26 2005,5:33 pm
Hmmm.... I noticed that the XML file I've been downloading for computation of the stats board has been breaking my script for the last week or so. I wonder if it's related...
Posted by PC Medic on Feb. 26 2005,8:05 pmSome changes were made about that time (2/20 to be exact).
Could you drop us an email from the < Contact Page > with some specifics as to what is happening.
Posted by GeoRockers on Feb. 27 2005,9:42 pmHi Scout,
Yes, it was.
log_id, state, and city were added to LogEntry, and there was a bug fix to return logs for a specified state when state was passed as an argument (thanks for reporting it gregwa).
I forgot to declare city as an attribute of LogEntry...
XML output now validated.
Thanks for taking the time to report the bug, Scout!
Posted by Scout on Feb. 28 2005,7:10 pmHere's my call:
The file that's returned gets truncated at line 123409. The tail end of the file looks like:
Posted by PC Medic on Mar. 01 2005,5:57 pmI have checked this out and you are correct when 'your' call (and several others I tried) are used, this error occurs. Yet other variations did not reproduce the error.
I will get together with George (Georocker) to track the cause and cure.
Posted by GeoRockers on Mar. 01 2005,9:08 pmHi Scout,
I've been working on this prior to Bryan's (PC Medic) post...
It's been very elusive... change the year to 2005 and it works... switch back to 2000 and it breaks.
The "Could not perform command" error is from MySQL - the same query entered via the console, with the year set to 2000, works beautifully....
You can access the previous version (without log_id, city, state) at:
< http://www.navicache.com/cgi-bin/db/XMLSearchResults.Scout.pl >
Posted by Scout on Mar. 03 2005,9:25 am
Thanks. I'm back in business again with the "Scout" special. I understand why you want to add a unique log ID, but I don't need it for my purposes. So, I'm fine with the old version until you can figure out what might be going wrong with the new version.
Posted by Scout on Mar. 20 2005,8:54 am
I just had the same failure with the "Scout special" version of the XML export.
Posted by Scout on Mar. 28 2005,4:13 pmThis week's download of Navicache XML data failed altogether (I don't have any log or error message to provide). So, the stats I publish are now two weeks out of date.
Posted by PC Medic on Mar. 29 2005,5:40 pmresearching this issue now. Will fix as soon as possible.
Posted by PC Medic on May 13 2005,4:41 pm
Still working on this, but have just sent you the needed data to get your Stats back up and running.
Posted by Scout on May 16 2005,7:04 amThanks. The stats are updated again. I haven't updated the script to automatically update it with an incremental update. But the ball is back in my court on that.
P.S. This means that the Navicache stats banners are updated again. Looking at my own (in my sig below) shows a pretty pitiful ranking. Ouch!
Posted by PC Medic on May 16 2005,3:16 pmGlad we could get you squared away.
By the way, your rankings are WAY better than my own so ......
Posted by PC Medic on June 05 2005,8:56 amThe problem with the trunctated XML file has been corrected.
Posted by Team BMW-Biker on July 31 2005,4:04 am
wow, cool! Thanks a lot!
Since i moved my "homeserver" from windows to linux in december last year, my scripts didn't run ... now i've a bit of time to make a new script for linux ... with incremental upate ;)
Thanks again and sorry for the trouble related to this change!
Posted by GeoRockers on Nov. 28 2005,1:12 amHi Folks!
The frustration was caused by an anti-content spam measure implemented by our hosting service, which increased system resource usage.
The modifications to the XML script occurred on the same day as the anti-content spam measures were implemented... we didn't know about the anti-content spam measures, and assumed that all of the problems were on our side. :
The modified script failed because the system resource limits were reached... all a matter of bad timing. ::sigh::