Joined: Feb. 2004
||Posted: Feb. 26 2004,10:41 am
Some qualifications here. While my cache count is not extremely high, I have set a personal goal, not for numbers, but for collecting as many Geocoins from as many different areas. My ideas for a new cache type are as follows:
I am sure this would require a lot of development before implementation. I realize some will think this would be a "money-making" scheme, but if the profit margin is kept low, more will buy than would not buy.
- Each state, country area has a coin. Like the State Quarters in the USA. One side with the Navicache Logo, the other with something that represents the state/country/area.
- Offer these for sale relativly cheap. If possible, down to $0.50 and sell them in bags of 10/25/50/100/1000 with discounts going for buying in bulk.
- The Geocoin Cache type, beyond the current rules for placing a cache, will require a minimum number of Geocoins for the area.
- To take a coin, you leave a coin for your area. This is an honor-system thing here.
- The coins would not have to be numbered or trackable, just collectable. Like trading card games or the State Quarters in the USA.
I would love this kind of cacheing. I guess the hardest part of this would be to actually get the coin design completed for all the different areas and then to get them manufacutred cheaply.
I am just putting some ideas out for the rest of you to think about, for what it's worth.
"I'm not lost, see? The GPS says I am at N38:17.4289, W85:33.0400."
Magellan Meridian Platinum | Sony Clie PEG-TH55 | Cachemate | GSAK
www.sturmphoto.com | www.deckyon.com | www.sturm.org