Joined: April 2008
||Posted: July 18 2011,8:40 am
I was recently in Western New York / NW Pennsylvania for GeoWoodstock IX. There are lots of Navicaches listed up there, but a couple of things kept me from looking for any.
1) Many Navicaches used to be crosslisted on GC.com and have since been archived there, but orphaned here. Generally, this means that they are listed here, but the cache is actually not there, anymore.
2) I'd be happy to run a query for just virtuals, which I'd feel much more confident that it would still be doable. However, I am not aware of any way to filter searches or maps in such a way.
3) From my experience, the GPX files I pull down from Navicache, are incomplete. For the caches I did this week and knew were crosslisted, I actually loaded the GPX from GC.com. Otherwise, I had to use GSAK to manually update the non-crosslisted Navicaches by copying and pasting the info from the cache page.
4) Though it wasn't an issue in WNW / NWPA, it would nice to filter the Buxley Maps view / searches to now show cache I've already found.
Just some thoughts. Interested in any feedback or workarounds others might have.
I will doing a cache run to the Norfolk / VA Beach are in August and will see about trying to grab a few more NC
Dave - Happy Trails!
"We never seek things for themselves—what we seek is the very seeking of things."
- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
Military Assoc of GeoCachers
Facebook - Geocachers Unlimited